– Companies to increase their international revenues
– Sales teams to excel internationally
– Organisations to create a world-class global web presence
My success in helping organisations grow internationally is grounded in over 2 decades of direct international selling experience of language services and related technologies, and my interest in languages, cultures, and travel. My background includes international selling and management, training, consulting, speaking globally, and post-graduate lecturing.
As a registered UK Government Export Communications Consultant I have helped over 1,500 exporters improve their international web presence through the Export Communications Review service and delivering Web Optimisation for International Trade workshops. As a freelance Common Sense Advisory Associate Analyst I provide research input to sales related reports, quick takes, webinars and workshops. I am a sessional lecturer on the MA in Translation Studies and MA in Translation in a European Context at Aston University, UK, and a visiting lecturer to other Universities.
During 2006 I founded Amicus TransTec Limited an independent translation technology consulting company. In 2007 I then went on to create the translation industry’s leading sales training programme Selling Translations®, which has been completed by thousands of professionals from over 120 countries.
My specialities include:
– International sales training and management consulting
– Selling Translations® training and consulting for translation service providers
– Professional translation process and software consulting
– Localization, multilingual Content Management Systems and global web implementation
– Multilingual Search Engine Optimisation
I am currently working to improve my Russian and Mandarin skills, as well as completing a part-time Open University degree in English.
I am a translation industry advocate, working to raise its profile and promote its value with translation buyers, providers, educators, and governments.
I encourage children to study languages having been a Business Language Champion, a member of the Regional Advisory Board for Links into Languages, and a frequent visitor to language schools, language clubs, and universities when I travel internationally.
– BSc (Hons) in Computer Science, MBA
– UK Principal Expert to ISO TC 37 (SC 3 and 4)
– Qualified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
– Member of the UK Institute of Sales & Sales Management and the UK Institute for Export
– Supporter member of the UK Institute of Translation & Interpreting
If you are looking to grow revenues by expanding into international markets, please contact me to discuss how I can help you.